Our Business Development Program offers:
- Training to build skills and confidence.
- Technical assistance and support.
- Peer support from learning circles.
- Assistance in obtaining start-up funds.
- Each participant will:
- Pay a fee.
- Attend classes and complete homework.
- Develop and write a business plan.
- Receive technical assistance.
- Learn practical business skills.
- Present his or her business at the Business Showcase (formerly known as the Community Graduation).
Please call the office at (360) 704-3375, or email our office manager or Beth, our Training Director, if you have any questions about eligibility.
Business Training participants must have yearly household income under:
$20,664 for a single person
$27,990 for a two-person household
$35,316 for a three-person household or
$42,642 for a four-person household
TANF recipients, GA recipients, and Veterans Administration beneficiaries are usually eligible.
Many low-income working individuals and families qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit, which you can find out more about on our Whom We Serve page.
“Enterprise for Equity provided me with the support I needed to find a way to fit into the work force. My ideas and organization skills were recognized as strengths and the interactions with others broke up the routine pattern of isolation I sometimes get in.”
“I have had struggles with DSHS about self-employment as a viable option for getting off welfare, but many of the skills I learned in class gave me the resource base necessary to demonstrate my business could successfully meet requirements for getting my family off welfare.”
Enterprise for Equity Graduate